Requirements for Operational/Administrative
membership are as follows:
A minimum of 16 years old.
2. A current physical (Operational only).
3. Pass a Maryland State Police and Fire Marshal
criminal back round check.
4. If attending school must obtain a work
5. If you have a valid Maryland drivers license
you must obtain a driving record through the
Maryland Vehicle Administration.
6. A will to serve the citizens of Charles
7. Attendance at Monday night drills and business
To become a member,
you do not need any previous experience; all
training will be provided for free.
1. Must be turned over to ride all apparatus.
2. Must have successful completion of Firefighter
3. If under age of 18, written permission
(Sleep-In on non-school nights only)
4. Must be gainfully employed or a student.
5. Approval of the Fire Chief.
As becoming a volunteer member of a fire department
you receive several benefits.
1. Free fire and emergency
medical training through the University of
2. Receive College Credits for all formal
3. Self satisfaction from helping the community.
4. A variety of friendships.
5. The ability to work as a team.
6. Maryland state tax break.
7. Retirement pay
8. Respect from individuals in the community.
Yates e-mail address and fire house phone