Welcome To Fire Prevention
Our mission is to help our citizens--residents and businesses alike--reduce fire and safety risks.
To do so, we offer a variety of educational programs in general and fire safety; smoke alarm installation and operation; home self-inspection procedures; fire extinguisher use and training; and overall risk reduction techniques. These programs are available for senior citizens; families; clubs and associations; church groups; schools; HOAs and condo associations; youth groups and clubs; and other organizations.
For our businesses, schools, and non-profit organizations, we can provide general fire and safety information for owner and tenant operated businesses; fire extinguisher training; fire drill coordination and oversight; and other activities which will enhance safety and reduce risk.
If you are interested in any of our programs, please see the request information shown below for your particular type of request.
VISITS, PRESENTATIONS, AND SMOKE ALARM INSTALLATIONS
ARE ALL CANCELLED DUE TO THE RESTRICTIONS CAUSED BY THE COVID PANDEMIC
If you have an emergency, please call 911. We will respond immediately. For questions regarding smoke alarm installation or use, self-inspection of your home, school or group visits to the station, on-site training programs, or any other fire prevention questions, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOME FIRE AND SAFETY CHECKLIST
Please click (or control click) on the below link to access our Home Fire Safety Checklist. If you have any questions when completing the form, please contact us at FirePrevention@LaPlataFireDepartment.com.
FOR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF REQUESTS: Please send an email with the required information at least 30 days prior to the desired date to email@example.com.
FIRE AND SAFETY PESENTATIONS
- Name of organization
- Name of point of contact (include email and phone)
- Type of group (school class, club, senior citizens)
- Purpose of the event (specialized training, general fire safety, tour fire station, fire extinguisher operation)
- Number of participants
- Ages of children involved and/or any special needs participants
- Desired location of the event (fire station or your site)
- Desired date and time (please provide at least 2 alternate dates)
- Special requirements (if any): specific training for merit badges; walk through for drills; etc.
FIRE ESCAPE PLANNING AND DRILLS
- Name of company, school, etc.
- Building(s) involved and street addresses
- Name of point of contact with email and phone
- Do you already have plans in place (yes or no)
- For drill oversight include the number of employees, residents, guests involved in the drill (NOTE: drills are not conducted in adverse weather conditions (rain, snow, extreme cold/hot)
- Alternate dates for the pre-drill analysis and alternate dates for the drill itself
HOME FIRE AND SAFETY INSPECTIONS
- Name of point of contact (include phone and email please)
- Size and type of home (single family, duplex, townhouse, condo, apartment, etc)
- Number of residents
- Alternate dates and times when all residents are available to participate in the inspection and fire escape route planning and drill
OTHER PRESENTATIONS / STATION VISITS
- Name of group
- Point of contact (include name, email, and phone)
- Location (station or your site)
- Other pertinent information
SMOKE ALARM INSPECTION AND INSTALLATION REQUESTS
- Point of contact (include email and phone)
- Purpose of visit
- Other pertinent information